I bought a new dressform on ebay and it arrived the day before yesterday. She is slightly different from my last one and I decided to try something new to transform her into something wonderful. First, I pulled her nylon fabric cover off. Then I took old book pages and sheet music and decoupaged her. I used a vintage door knob as her topper, 'coz I wasn't all that crazy about the wooden one that came with her in the box. So far I am loving the way she is coming out, but she's not nearly done.
Oh no, not by a longshot. Tomorrow evening after work, when she's all dry she's going to get a Fleur dis lys or two, and a sealer...and some antiquing...Oh! And maybe a black French ribbon tied somewhere.
Then, she's going to model the most perfect Cotillion dress that I got at a yard sale for a dollar and she's going to be promoting the upcoming Tumbleweed Cotillion from my booth at Junkees.
Oh, yes. She's going to be divine.